Clay Paky S.p.A., Italy (“Claypaky”, “Sponsor” or “Company”) is the sponsor of the Talent Contest Shine a Light – Design and Programming Contest 2021 (“Contest”).
By participating in the talent contest, you (“you” or “Participant” or “Entrant”) acknowledge receipt and agree to these terms and conditions.
- In order to participate in the contest, entrants must be residents of the USA, age 18 years and older, students of one of the following universities:
- California Institute of the Arts
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Emerson College
- Purchase College - State University of New York
- Rutgers University
- Southern Methodist University
- University of North Carolina School of the Arts
- West Point - United States Military Academy
- Employees Claypaky and other partners involved in the contest, including their affiliates, and members of their family and/or household are ineligible to participate.
- Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Participant engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the contest.
How to Enter
- Participants must register at claypakycontest.com and agree on Terms and Conditions. After the registration, the participant receives a confirmation email with the download link to all necessary files, plots and Quick Start Guide. Following the steps in the Quick Start Guide, the participant creates own lighting show, record a maximum 5 minute video of the lighting design, post on Vimeo or YouTube and send link to email@example.com until the 29th of October 2021. Only by delivering the entry you will be entered for a chance to win the Prizes. Anyone that registers after this Period will not be eligible to win. Sponsor is not responsible for late or misdirected entries. One entry per participant, duplicate entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not accept entries that are or appear to be counterfeit, mechanically reproduced, or otherwise appear to have been made by fraud or unlawful means. Sponsor will not accept any content promoting violence or hatred against individuals or groups.
- By submitting the entry, the Participant confirms to Sponsor that she/he is the owner of, or at least has all necessary rights to use and publish, any material submitted in all forms (video and audio, including credits), that she/he has the right to convey or transfer the content provided to Sponsor, and agreed to the royalty-free use of the video for publishing and advertising purposes by Sponsor. Participant also gives Sponsor the right to use her/his submitted content for the purposes of this talent contest, as well as for training and other purposes, related and unrelated to the contest, and that Sponsor may post the link or otherwise make it available to others via its website or by other communications.
- The first place Winner will win the trip to Claypaky Headquarters in Bergamo, Italy when travel restrictions allow and the Claypaky Merchandising. The trip is for two persons, including the flight (economy class) to / from Bergamo and accommodation for 3 nights. The second and third place Winners will get Claypaky merchandising.
- The Prizes are non-transferrable, non-exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash. There are no substitute Prizes, however Claypaky reserves the right to award a Prize of equal or greater value in the event the Prize becomes unavailable for any reason. The winner is solely responsible for ensuring appropriate reporting and payment of all expenses, taxes, and costs associated with acceptance and use of the prize according to the local law.
Travel to Italy
- The trip will be arranged only when open and unrestricted international travel becomes possible.
- The winner of the trip is responsible for all the necessary travel documentation related to the international trip (e.g. valid travel documents, visas) as well as the travel insurance related to the trip to Italy.
- The winner of the trip is responsible for checking and fulfilling all the Covid related requirements and possible restrictions in the home, transfer and destination countries (e.g. tests, quarantine measures, requirements of the airlines) prior to travel. The COVID-19 situation, including the spread of new or concerning variants differs from country to country, and even fully vaccinated travelers need to pay close attention to the situation at their destination (or transfer countries) before traveling.
- Sponsor is not responsible for any costs related to the extension of the trip due to Covid related reasons (e.g. quarantine).
- The entries will be judged by the group of product and lighting design specialist from Claypaky.
- Winners will be announced at LDI 2021. Winners will be personally notified by email. Every entrant will receive feedback on their submittal via email from the judges.
- Entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Claypaky, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and representatives from any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, death or other damages of any kind arising from Entrants participation in the Contest, or otherwise caused by the Prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of the Prize. Entrants also agree to allow Sponsor to use Entrants name and/or likeness in any promotional, advertising or trade activities, and any and all rights to said use, without further compensation or notification, except where prohibited by law. Entrants waive the right to review or approve such use.
- Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, internet errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest;
- Sponsor is not responsible for technical malfunctions, injury or damage to a Participant’s computer, smart device, phone, equipment, system, software or any combination thereof as a result of Entrants’ participation in the Contest, or from downloading any materials from the Contest website, where applicable. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest without notice in the event the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by malware, tampering, denial of service attacks, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond the control of promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest.